Ongoing Care Before, During and After Surgery
Bariatric surgery is the first step in your weight loss journey. Reaching your weight goals and managing your weight in the long term requires a continuous commitment to an improved lifestyle.
Losing Weight After Surgery
Surgery is just one tool to help you lose weight, you also need to follow a healthy diet and become physically active.
We consider your bariatric surgery as a tool that makes these changes easier. Learning how to eat healthier and incorporating regular exercise into your everyday life can be challenging, but the end results make the struggle worth it.
Patients who have undergone successful bariatric surgery not only look fitter they have more energy, can engage in more activities, and are often able to resolve their co-morbid conditions.
Our Weight Loss Team
A dedicated team of individuals will make sure that you have the support and assistance you need while you recover from surgery and work towards your weight loss goals. The qualified and friendly professionals who can help you include:
- Your doctor: who will monitor your progress and guide you as you recover and lose weight
- A dietician: who will assist you as you adjust to a new, healthy diet by offering advice and preparing meal plans for you
- An exercise physiologist: who will help you by developing a training program to stay physically active
- A counsellor: who will oversee your mental and emotional health and offer support and guidance as you adapt to the big changes in your life
Weight Loss Care Program
Losing weight can be physically and mentally draining and every patient’s journey will be different. Dr Dolan offers a program designed to help you meet your weight loss goals.
The program covers the preoperative to postoperative needs of patients incorporating ongoing support along with a range of tools and resources.
Patients are provided with:
- Preoperative patient screening.
- Information about how to achieve their weight loss goals.
- Details about the procedure.
- What to expect after the surgery.
- Open communication between the patient, Dr Dolan surgeon and the bariatric support team.
- A follow-up schedule to help monitor postoperative progress.
- Dietary advice before and after surgery.
- A recommended program for exercise.
- Psychological counseling, if needed.